Get Ready for Grad Slam
Getting ready to knock our socks off at Grad Slam? We can help. Grad Pathways, our premier professional development program, offers a variety of resources and workshops to help you prepare for the big competition.
Learn more about the UC Grad Slam competition and its structure, eligibility requirements, preparatory workshops and more at our UC Davis Grad Slam Information Session. The info session will be hosted by Teresa Dillinger, Academic Administrator of Professional Development Programs for Graduate Studies.
UC Davis Grad Slam Information Session
November 9 | 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm | Student Community Center - Room E
Workshops and Consultations
Past Workshops and Podcasts
- UC Davis Grad Slam Information Session - Presentation
- Winning the Grad Slam - Audio Recording, PowerPoint Presentation, and Workshop Agenda
- Rock the Talk(s): Preparing for Grad Slam, the IGPS, and the Postdoctoral Research Symposium - Audio Recording and Powerpoint Presentation
Presentation Skill Consultations
The Center for Educational Effectiveness (CEE) now offers personalized presentation skills consultations. These consultations can provide you with tools and feedback to improve the organization and delivery of your presentations. A TA Consultant will observe you presenting in class or in a practice session and then meet to discuss the presentation. This can ensure clarity and organization of ideas, enhance audience understanding, reduce anxiety about giving presentations, and promote student participation. Presentation skills consultations can help you enhance your in-class presentations, conference presentations, job talks, or other presentations. Learn more by visiting the CEE's website.
- UC Davis Grad Slam 2017: Watch last year's finalists compete for the title of UC Davis Grad Slam Champion on the Graduate Studies Facebook page.
- UC Grad Slam: Watch the University of California Championship Rounds from 2015, 2016 and 2017.
Questions about Grad Slam? Contact us by emailing Kathryn Raley, Events and Engagement Analyst, at email@example.com.