Contact This Program
- Study of Religion Graduate Group
Sproul Hall, Room 213
Davis, CA 95616
Tel: (530) 752-5799
Contact Graduate Studies
250 Mrak Hall
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616
Phone: (530) 752-0650
Fax: (530) 752-6222
- 2013 ADMISSION
- Final: Jan. 2
- Prospective Student Fellowship: Jan. 2
- Continuing Student Fellowship: Dec. 1
- M.A. Plan II by exception only
- Ph.D. Plan C
- This program is not affiliated with any Designated Emphases.
- What is a Designated Emphasis?
- Statement of purpose.
- Admission is the Ph.D. program only.
- Bachelor's or master's in a discipline relevant to the Study of Religion.
- GRE scores.
- Must have a confirmed major professor from the program.
- Must have begun study of at least one language relevant to the intended area of primary research before admission.
- Prerequisites: five lower-division quarter courses (3 semester courses) and 10 upper-division quarter courses (7 semester) in Religious Studies and related fields.
- Three letters of recommendation.
Students gain advanced knowledge of the literatures of particular religious traditions and the intersections of these with contemporary thematic and regional phenomena including values, ethics and human rights; modernity, science and secularism; visual culture, media and technology; language, rhetoric and performance; body and praxis; and theory and method. Students graduate with the qualitative and quantitative skills necessary for professional research and teaching in religious studies.
While an M.A. degree may be obtained while pursuing a Ph.D. degree, only Ph.D. applications will be accepted.
This program is an interdisciplinary Graduate Group.
For more information, visit the Study of Religion website.
|Flagg Miller||Study of Religion||(530) 752-5799|
|Mandy Bachman||Languages & Literatures||(530) 752-5799|
|Jean Telford||Graduate Studies||(530) 752-9292|