Contact This Program
- Graduate Group in Immunology
c/- VM: PMI - 5217 VM3A
Davis, CA 95616
Tel: (530) 754-0103
Fax: (530) 752-3349
Contact Graduate Studies
250 Mrak Hall
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616
Phone: (530) 752-0650
Fax: (530) 752-6222
- 2013 ADMISSION
- Priority: Dec. 15
- Final: Apr. 15
- Prospective Student Fellowship: Dec. 15
- Continuing Student Fellowship: Dec. 1
- M.S. Plan I
- M.S. Plan II by exception only
- Ph.D. Plan C
- Applicants are encouraged to submit a CV or resume.
- Statement of Purpose & Statement of Personal History
- Three letters of recommendation
- The Graduate Group accepts application for M. S. Plan I and PhD. Successful PhD applicants are accepted into a rotation program. This allows the student to experience research in up to four different laboratories during their first year of study. A research mentor (major professor) is chosen following completion of the rotation program. Direct placement of a PhD student with a major professor is done under exceptional circumstances only.
- GRE scores (subject tests will be considered but are not required)
Degree RequirementsStudents follow the degree requirements reflecting the year s/he was admitted or the most recent version below.
Students gain advanced knowledge of the cells and tissues of the mammalian immune system; host immune responses to infection, tissue damage and tumors; immune signaling and regulation; allergic and autoimmune disease pathogenesis; vaccine development; nutritional immunology; and the use of immune mediators for diagnosis and treatment of disease. Students graduate with the qualitative and quantitative skills necessary to design of experiments and interpretation of data relevant to the development and function of the immune system and for teaching in immunology.
This program is an interdisciplinary Graduate Group.
For more information, visit the Immunology website.
|Charles L Bevins||Med Microbiology||(530) 754-6889|
|Med Microbiology||9/1/12 - 6/30/14||(916) 703-0405|
|Center for Comparative Medicine||9/1/12 - 6/30/14||(530) 754-5813|
Charles L Bevins
(Adviser: Admissions Only)
|Med Microbiology||9/1/12 - 8/31/14||(530) 754-6889|
Laurel J Gershwin
|Vet Med Pathology, Micro & Immun||9/1/12 - 6/30/14||(530) 752-6643|
Scott I Simon
|Biomedical Engineering||9/1/12 - 8/31/14||(530) 752-0299|
|Jessica Drushell||Immunology||(530) 754-0103|
|Laura Young||Office of Graduate Studies||(530) 752-2772|