Contact This Program
- Medical Microbiology & Immunology
Davis, CA 95616
Tel: (530) 752-0262
Fax: (530) 752-8692
Contact Graduate Studies
250 Mrak Hall
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616
Phone: (530) 752-0650
Fax: (530) 752-6222
- 2013 ADMISSION
- Final: Dec. 15
- Prospective Student Fellowship: Dec. 15
- Continuing Student Fellowship: Dec. 1
- M.S. Plan I
- Ph.D. Plan B
- BS or BA in a biological science, and active participation in a supervised independent research project.
- Three letters of recommendation
- GRE scores (subject test in biology or biochemistry is helpful but not required)
- Prerequisites: calculus, general physics, general chemistry, organic chemistry, bioochemistry w/ lab, general genetics, general biology w/ lab, general microbiology w/ lab, and upper division coursework in microbiology (contact the graduate group staff person for equivalencies).
Degree RequirementsStudents follow the degree requirements reflecting the year s/he was admitted or the most recent version below.
- QE Exception: No outside member needed
Students gain advanced knowledge of general microbiology; microbial ecology; microbial physiology; microbial genetics; molecular mechanisms of microbial regulation and pathogenesis; immunology; virology; and recombinant DNA technology. Students graduate with the qualitative and quantitative skills necessary for professional research and teaching in microbiology..
While an M.S. degree may be obtained while pursuing a Ph.D. degree, only Ph.D. applications will be accepted.
This program is an interdisciplinary Graduate Group.
For more information, visit the Microbiology website.
|Glenn M Young||Food Science & Technology||(530) 754-5292|
Linda F Bisson
|Viticulture & Enology||9/1/12 - 8/31/14||(530) 752-3835|
Scott C Dawson
(Adviser: Admissions and General)
|Microbiology||9/1/12 - 8/31/14||(530) 752-3633|
Rebecca E Parales
(Adviser: Primary Contact)
|Microbiology Section of College of Bio Sci||9/1/12 - 8/31/14||(530) 754-5233|
Ellen E Sparger
|Medicine & Epidemiology: Vet Med||9/1/12 - 8/31/14||(530) 754-8461|
Renee M Tsolis
|Med Microbiology||9/1/12 - 8/31/14||(530) 754-8497|
|Microbiology||9/1/12 - 8/31/14||(530) 754-0109|
|Margaret Brice||Microbiology||(530) 752-0262|
|Laura Young||Office of Graduate Studies||(530) 752-2772|