- Lenora Timm, Associate Dean of Students
- Josephine Moreno, Graduate Diversity Officer for Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences (HASS)
- Steve Lee,
Graduate Diversity Officer for Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM)
- Thomas Roe, Graduate Student Psychologist
- Teresa Dillinger, Manager, Professional Development Programs
- Lynne Arcangel, Coordinator, Graduate Student Life, Professional Development and Diversity
We believe that advanced research, scholarship, and teaching are strongest when informed by the diversity of viewpoints, backgrounds and experiences of its students. A diverse graduate student population enhances the academic experience of all students and provides organizational support and resources to empower students through our workshops, social events and student organizations.
Diversity among students, faculty and staff is a key, integral factor in graduate education at UC Davis, for an equitable, hospitable and inclusive educational environment. The Graduate Student Life unit is committed to a multicultural academic environment that supports the success of all graduate students.
Additional efforts include:
- Collaboration with UC Davis academic programs, departments and schools to meet the personal, intellectual and professional needs and concerns of diverse and underrepresented students in order to provide an enriching student experience and enhance retention.
- Professional Development for faculty mentoring a diverse graduate student population. Support in creating inclusivity that provides a welcoming and supportive campus climate.
- Developing a recruitment model that involves faculty, staff and graduate students in state and national targeted recruitment efforts.
- Support of student organizations and campus programs promoting diversity and an inclusive campus environment.
Programs and Centers
Campus Council on Community and Diversity
Center for Student Involvement
Cross Cultural Center
Diversity Education Program
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex and Asexual Resource Center
Office of Campus Community Relations
Services for International Students and Scholars
Sexual Harassment Education Program
Staff Affirmative Action and Diversity Office
Student Disability Center
University of California Diversity News
Women's Resources and Research Center
Last Updated: April 11, 2013