About the Award
This prize was established to honor the sixty-year career of Professor Max Kleiber at the University of California, Davis, in recognition of his outstanding success in elucidating metabolic relationships in intact animals. The award is made to a applicant who best represents the characteristics and high standards of scholastics and professional ethics that guided Professor Kleiber’s career. The dissertation must involve original work that makes an unusually significant contribution to one or a combination of the areas of biochemistry, nutrition, or physiology.
The application deadline for the 2021-2022 Academic Year is March 4, 2022.
- SELECTION CRITERIA
- Selection will be based on an abstract of the dissertation prepared by the applicant that clearly describes the hypothesis underlying the study, how it was tested and the physiological significance of the major conclusion(s). The dissertation must involve original work that makes an unusually significant contribution to one or a combination of the areas of biochemistry, nutrition or physiology.
- The applicant must have completed all requirements for graduation during the current 2021-22 academic year. DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: March 4, 2022 by 11:59pm
- SUBMISSION MATERIALS
- Required Materials
Applicant will be asked to upload the following to the application in InfoReady:
1. A concise abstract consisting of a maximum of 3 pages, double-spaced, in 12 point type. It must be prepared by the applicant and cover the points in the SELECTION CRITERIA as noted above.
1. Figures, charts, and tables of data may be appended to the abstract to support the application.
2. A letter from the dissertation chair describing the applicant’s scholarly qualities and the contribution that her/his studies have made to the discipline(s).
3. Additional letter(s) of support are recommended, but not required.
- AWARD AND SUBMISSION DETAILS
- The Max Kleiber Prize consists of:
• $1,000 award
• Announcement of the awardee
The completed application must be submitted via InfoReady no later than 11:59 pm on March 4, 2022. if you have any questions or concerns, contact Internal Fellowship Analysts Heidi West and Lauren McDiarmid at firstname.lastname@example.org.